Learn From a Pro!
Hi, I’m Alden, a professional double bassist in the San Francisco Bay Area. I have two decades of teaching and performing to give you the best chance of learning how to make shifting easier then you thought.
Why can’t I nail certain shifts?
You will feel confident about shifting.
My eBook will give you detailed instructions on how to analyze shifting. You will discover new ways to approach practicing shifts. 42 scales to practice. 32 pages of content to focus on developing and enhancing your shifting technique.
The Steps to Learn How to Shift
The 5 exercises in my ebook will help you identify the shift distance and slowly ingrain the fundamental steps to achieving confidence in shifting.
- Whole ( W ) Step Shifting – In this exercise, we work on the ability to control and understand the fundamentals of how our left-hand and arm shifts one whole step.
- Whole + Half ( WH ) Step Shifting – The “pre-shift” note is introduced to establish where the new finger is starting from before it shifts. We learn how our left arm can shift the same distance with different fingerings. A preparation technique (Letter “H”) is also used to make sure the “pre-shift” finger is down and we say or think of the distance of the shift before we shift.
- New-Note Finger Shifting – “New-note” finger shifting helps identify from where the “new” finger will shift after the previous note is played.
- End-Note Finger Shifting – We shift with the same ending fingered-note to the next position of the following note before changing to the “new-note” finger.
- Houdini Finger Shifting – Integrating the “new-note” and “end-note” shifting techniques within each shift will make a clean and almost undetected “Houdini” shift.
Preview the eBook
For 20 years, I have been coaching double bass students advance their performance skills. In 4.5 years I earned a Master of Music from the San Francisco Conservatory of Music and a Bachelor of Music from the Peabody Institute – Johns Hopkins. My own training and passion to keep learning new concepts and techniques to advance my own playing inspired me to create the Mastering Double Bass Shifting eBook
One 30 Minute Lesson
After you purchase my eBook, forward me your emailed receipt to email@example.com and I’ll give you a 30 minute complimentary double bass lesson via Zoom. ($50 Value)
Scan the QR Code or Click here to pay with Venmo.
Mention: Master Double Bass Shifting
Include your email or phone number for the Bonus Lesson.